Mark Phillips, our rider trainer, has grown up riding motorbikes and driving cars and trucks. He has been a professional driver for 30 years with approx. 2.5 million klms of driving and has a passion for teaching.
Mark has taught Truck drivers, Corporate drivers, Race Car drivers and Advanced Rider Training to name a few in his career as a trainer. He has won State and National titles racing bikes, has experience driving a Rally car and currently owns a Racecar that he loves to drive on the dirt and bitumen whenever he can.
Mark and Jo are bike riders, so Mark understands the importance of being aware of your surroundings and knowing what other drivers are doing. He teaches riding strategies highlighting the importance of keeping a good safety space and looking and planning well ahead, things that have kept him alive on the road.
Pre Learner Course
- If you currently have no motorcycle licence, the Pre Learner course is the first step you need to take.
- The Pre Learner course is a compulsory 2 day course run over approximately 6-7 hours each day to get your motorcycle learners licence in Queensland.
- To be eligible for this course you are required to have held your car licence for at least 1 year.
- Cost of the Course is $550 if you hire our bike or $500 if you bring your own. We recommend you bring your own bike, if you have one, so by the end of the 2 days you are feeling confident to ride your bike on your own.
- Before starting the course think about how soon you will be buying a bike. We recommend you are ready to before doing the course, or soon after, so you can practice what you learn during the course straight away.
- Please wear long pants, long sleeves, shoes (not motocross boots), helmet and gloves, sunglasses. Bring a water bottle and a light lunch.
What to expect:
- The Pre Learner course was designed to prepare learner riders by enabling them to gain basic riding knowledge and motorcycle handling skills in a safe environment before riding on-road.
- During the course we will explain, demonstrate and then practice with lots of feedback a number of training competencies, including: the basics of operating a motorcycle, the importance of looking ahead, roadcraft tactics, riding curves & slow riding, steering & braking, judgement & giving way, riding strategies and finish with a simulated road ride. We also cover the importance of protective gear and creating safe riding practices.
- Students must complete day 1 prior to day 2. Please note that you have 30 days to complete both days once you have started the Pre Learner course.
Once you complete the course:
- Once you have competently completed both days of the Pre Learner course, you will be eligible to apply for your Motorcycle Learners Licence by completing the Motorcycle Knowledge.
- If you want to test your General knowledge go online and do a Practice Road Rule Test.
- Customers can sit the test online (Motorcycle Knowledge Test) or, in person at the Department of Transport.
- Riders are required to hold a Motorcycle Learners Permit for a minimum of 3 months before being eligible to upgrade to a Restricted Motorcycle Licence (RE).
- When your 3 months are completed we will contact you, letting you know you are know eligible to Upgrade to RE when you are ready.
Polleys Coaches Carpark, 56 Chatsworth Road, Gympie 4570.
Cooloola Kart Track, 10 Runge Road, Gympie 4570.
Roadskills Gympie, 14 City View Drive, The Dawn 4570.
Roadskills Gympie and Q-Ride Gympie
LEARN TO RIDE – LEARN TO DRIVE
Owner Operators – Joanne & Mark Phillips
14 City View Drive, The Dawn 4570 QLD
DRIVER TRAINING – Jo: 0412 410 727
RIDER TRAINING – Mark: 0438 764 662
Registered Service Provider: 298G0119